Tuesday 15 May 2012

VOICES: Hannah Vincent

Sent to Nassim after a performance in May 2012:


Hello,

I participated in a performance of your play White Rabbit, Red Rabbit last week. I found it a really powerful experience.

You mention in your script (now in my possession - a gift for what I did) that this is your first play in English and how hard it is for you to write in English but I am struck by the precision of your writing - your use of the worlds 'theatre' and 'circus' especially, and your employment of inverted commas around the title of your play.

I was moved by the vigour and the tenderness of your address to us, your fellow rabbits.

I wanted to dash those glasses of possibly-poisoned-water against the back wall of the theatre - we don't have to take up the gun!

Yours,
Hannah Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment