Wednesday 30 May 2012

VOICES: Jubilith Moore (San Francisco)


Dear Nassim,

My name is Jubilith Moore and I recently had the honor of being an actor in your play White Rabbit, Red Rabbit as part of the San Francisco International Arts Festival.  It was a very interesting challenge for me and did not cater to my strengths, if I have any, as a performer.  I committed myself to going in completely ignorant and it was a neat exercise in being present.  

Participating in this production and getting to read your words was very affecting.  I now find myself wanting to reach out to you, along with many others, to thank you.  Thank you for writing a simple (please note, I did not say  easy!) script and for taking such good care of me.  A truly meta-theatrical experience that brought the 51 of us in the room and you together.

Audience members were still talking about the performance more than an hour after the end of the performance!  I congratulate you and again thank you.  Now, I look forward to learning more about your work.

Keep up the brilliance and please

Take Great Care,

Jubilith

No comments:

Post a Comment