Thursday 11 August 2011

EMAIL: Natasha Greenblatt (Toronto)

The following email was sent by Toronto actress Natasha Greenblatt to Nassim Soleimanpour after her performance at SummerWorks on August 9. 

Dear Nassim,

Yesterday, Tuesday, August 9th, I was the actress in your play WhiteRabbit, Red Rabbit in Toronto. It was one of the most exhilarating experiences I have ever had. To have no idea what I was about to do. To read your words for the first time out loud in front of an audience. To hear your story coming out of my mouth. I felt like both the object of an experiment and a top secret spy.

Thank you.

I live in Toronto, Canada. I am 26. I am also a writer. I love to travel. I can't imagine not being able to do so, not having a passport. Let alone how it must be to be a woman in Iran. Are you married, do you have a sister? What is your life like?

You asked to be emailed, and so I am emailing you. I don't really know what to say. I have a ton of questions, but you don't need to answer them if you don't want. Mostly I want to convey how honoured I was to be a part of your play. One day I would love to meet you and tell you so in person. I would love to come to Iran. I would love for you to one day come to Toronto.

Thank you,

Natasha Greenblatt

No comments:

Post a Comment